FDSA is proud to announce a new benefit available to FDSA qualifying members! LifeBridge is a program that is sponsored by MassMutual and provides a $50,000 scholarship to the surviving children of eligible members.
You are eligible to apply for this program if you are:
- Between the ages of 19 and 42 on the day you apply.
- The parent or legal guardian of one or more dependent children under age 18*
- A permanent, legal resident of the U.S.
- Currently employed, and total household income is between $10,000 and $40,000 annually.
- In good health, as determined by MassMutual.
*Please note that only one parent per household may apply.
How does it work? This program provides a 10-year term life insurance policy with a death benefit of $50,000 at no cost to qualifying members. In the event of your death, that policy will provide your dependents with a $50,000 trust that is required to be used for their education expenses only. Eligible educational expenses include tuition at pre-school, private school, trade school or colleges and universities. This $50,000 trust is split between your eligible children.
The best part about this program is that once you qualify, your policy will not change due to an increase in income. Therefore, if your household income is currently between $10,000 and $40,000, and it increases after your approval, you continue to hold the insurance policy at no cost to you. Now is the time to lock in this valuable benefit!
If you feel you may meet eligibility requirements, please download and complete the eligibility form and return it to email@example.com or fax to 850-878-8665. A MassMutual representative will contact you directly to assist you with the application process.
The application process includes:
- Return eligibility form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 850-878-8665
- Complete brief questionnaire regarding risky behaviors and medical history
- Submit to brief medical exam including urine and blood tests. This takes place in your home and at your convenience.
- Submit most recent tax return for income verification.
- If you are approved, MassMutual will send your policy documents directly to you. This policy is typically effective 3-4 weeks after the application is submitted.
Please contact FDSA Membership Director and Benefits Coordinator, Kristina Vincent directly at (844) 890-0412 or email@example.com with any additional questions or requests for information you may have.